Here are some stats:
1. Around 20% of the world's children and adolescents have mental disorders or problems. About half of mental disorders begin before the age of 14.
2. Mental and substance use disorders are the leading cause of disability worldwide. About 23% of all years lost because of disability is caused by mental and substance use disorders.
3. About 800,000 people commit suicide every year and is the second leading cause of death in 15-29-year-olds.
4. Mental disorders are important risk factors for other diseases, as well as unintentional and intentional injury. Mental disorders increase the risk of getting ill from other diseases such as HIV, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and vice-versa.
5. Stigma and discrimination against patients and families prevent people from seeking mental health care.
Here is how Sound Healing can help:
The brain’s internal communication is based on frequency. Our brainwaves are measured in hertz just like sound.
It has been shown that:
1. certain brainwave frequencies increase the production of serotonin, to help ease pain and increase relaxation.
2. that certain brainwave frequencies increase production of catecholamines, which are important for memory and learning, and
3. reaching deep sleep, which is beneficial for repair and recover quicker from injury, exercise or daily physical stress, and human growth hormone (HGH) is released when our brains are in the delta state.
It’s known and proven that by exercising our brain, we have better mental and emotional health and increased intellectual functioning. And that’s JUST what we do here at SoundEmbrace. We create sound experiences that exercise your brain so that your body can go into its own natural healing state. We are not solving all the worlds problems around mental health but we are a big part of the conversation and contribution to supporting the overarching mission to support adults and kids in this area.
Come check out a Sound Bath. See for yourself. We can take HSA + FSA, too!